Working on high profile international assignments, you will have the opportunity to be involved in a wide variety of corporate finance projects, with a mix of both corporate and private equity transactions, within a highly commercial, client focused environment.
What we do
Due diligence is now regarded as one of the most important milestones in a deal process
We offer a wide range of services, with projects tailored to a client's individual needs.
We provide dedicated support throughout the deal / transaction lifecycle from initial evaluation through the post-merger integration. We work across numerous industries and markets.
Typically, this involves the investigation of the target from a variety of perspectives to ensure significant value items, risks and other matters have been identified and considered by our client and assisting them in making an informed decision regarding the transaction.
Our core services include acquisition and vendor due diligence, bid support and defence and reporting accountant services for capital market transactions. We also often work on international assignments involving cross-border as well as cross-service line teams requiring our people to build wide networks across the International firm.
A career within transaction services will provide a wide and valuable range of experience in an exciting, dynamic and challenging working and learning environment. The role will include the following activities:
• Quickly developing an understanding of the target business and its drivers
• Interpretation, evaluation and analysis of information memoranda, business plans, publicly available information on the target business
• Production of quality deliverables (including Excel and Powerpoint documents) within agreed timescales, briefing Partner/Director/Senior Manager accordingly. On larger deals this may involve responsibility for the production of discrete sections. This will include:
• Review and analysis of historical trading, cash flow and balance sheets
• Review and analysis of projections, and underlying assumptions
• Reporting of potential key issues for our client including identification of risk or price affecting considerations
• Work on a variety of transactions in a variety of industries from IPO's to large cross border acquisitions
• Be part of cross border teams from 2 to 10 on engagements lasting from just a few days to several months
• Work with some of the most intellectually stimulating clients
• Assist clients from large multinationals, private equity houses to owner managed businesses
• Longer term, potential opportunities for international secondments
We recognize that our reputation rests with the quality of our people. We believe strongly in:
• Providing a supportive group environment
• Encouraging active team working
• Giving our people the opportunities they require to develop
• Investing in continued professional development and training
• Celebrating success
The development of our people is key to our growth strategy. As well as the experience you will gain from working with other team members on transactions, we will also provide a significant amount of formal training.
In addition, as part of our desire to develop our people we will seek to operate an active secondment programme. This includes secondments into teams across our global network of member firms.
Successful applicants will be/have:
• CA qualified (ideally first time passes) or equivalent qualification/experience
• Excellent academic track record
• Transaction experience/exposure would be an advantage.
• Strong report writing and reviewing skills, with an appropriate focus on attention to detail, conciseness and risk management
• Strong excel skills - quick and accurate manipulation of data
• Strong commercial acumen and market awareness
• Focussed on high quality service
• Fluency in written & verbal English